SSC CGL 2017-18 Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria
SSC CGL 2017 is being organized by Staff Selection Committee (SSC) in three tiers for selecting candidates for various posts in Ministries/ Departments/ Organisations. Every year, a huge number of applicants appear in this exam to become the part of this immense recruitment procedure. SSC CGL Tier 1 exam is going to be held in between 19th June to 2nd, July 2017 and application form for the same can be obtained from 11th March, 2017 onwards. On the day of availability of SSC CGL 2017 online application form, we’ll update the similar link here in this post. List of posts under SSC Combined Graduate Level exam are:
- Assistant Section Officer (Central Secretariat Service)
- Assistant (Intelligence Bureau)
- Assistant (Central Vigilance Commission)
- Assistant (Ministry of External Affairs)
- Assistant (Ministry of Railway)
- Assistant (AFHQ)
- Inspector of Income Tax (CBDT)
- Assistant (Other Ministries/Departments/ Organizations)
- Inspector, (Central Excise)
- Inspector (Examiner)
- Inspector (Preventive Officer)
- Sub Inspector (Central Bureau of Investigation)
- Assistant Enforcement Officer (Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue)
- Divisional Accountant (Offices under CAG)
- Inspector of Posts (Department of Post)
- Inspector (Central Bureau of Narcotics)
- Statistical Investigator Gr.II (M/o Statistics & Prog. Implementation)
- Sub Inspector (National Investigation Agency (NIA))
SSC CGL Official notification for the year 2017 released, application form will be available from 11th March, 2017.
- There will be no interview.
- Candidates’ age will be now calculated as on 1st August instead of 1st January of the year of examination.
SSC CGL 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the following set of eligibility criteria if they’d like to appear in this test:
- Hold Graduation/Bachelor’s degreefrom a recognized college/university/institute.
- As a resident of India candidates must fulfill the minimum age requirements. Candidates’ DOB as mentioned in the Matriculation/Secondary Examination Certificate will be assumed as valid. Age relaxation would be applicable for candidates belonging to reserved category.
Check Here Detailed info About Eligibility
Important Dates – Released
|Exam Event||Tentative Dates|
|Application process will begin from||11th March, 2017|
|Deadline to apply||15th April, 2017|
|Admit card availability for SSC CGL Tier-1 exam||May, 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier -1 Examination Date||19th June to 2nd, July 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier – 1 result will be announced on||August, 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier – 2 admit card availability||August, 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier – 2 examination date||5th to 8th September, 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier – 2 result will be announced on||October, 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier – 3 examination date||12th November, 2017|
|Skill Test/Computer Skill Test/Interview Test||December,, 2017|
How to Give Post Preference in SSC CGL- Check Here
SSC CGL 2017 Application Form: How to Apply?
Candidates would be capable to obtain the SSC CGL online application form from 11th March, 2017. All students are advised to read the related advertisement in detail before they start the application procedure. An application form submitted not in prescribed format or incomplete is liable to be rejected by the respective authority. Candidates need to fill up their application in online mode.
Application fee: Rs. 100/-
*Candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe, Scheduled Caste, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen category are exempted from paying the application fee.
*Candidates those are liable to pay the application fee can pay by using credit card/debit card, SBI Net Banking or online generated SBI challan.
*Fee is non-refundable.
Check complete instruction to apply- Check Here
Exam Pattern : Check Here Full Detail
Check out here all related information of SSC CGL 2017 exam pattern. The exam will be organized in three tiers i.e. tier 1, tier 2 and tier 3 respectively.
- Tier I will be a written exam containing only objective multiple choice type questions.
- Tier II will be also a written exam containing only objective multiple choice type questions.
- Tier III will be Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever required). Document Verification is also a part of this stage of examination.
- The Staff Selection has reduced the number of questions from 200 to 100 in CGL Tier 1 exam. The test will be conducted in online mode and candidates would be given 75 minutes of time.
|Participating Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25 Questions||50 Marks|
|General Awareness||25 Questions||50 Marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude||25 Questions||50 Marks|
|English Comprehension||25 Questions||50 marks|
Check Here SSC CGL Syllabus
Admit card of candidates will be downloaded from the official website of the respective authority only. Aspirants are restricted to obtain their admit card within the specified deadline. Stay tuned at 99entranceexam.in for getting latest updates on this test.
Download your admit card: Click Here
SSC CGL 2017 Answer Key
SSC CGL answer key is released to verify your responses you’ve marked in the test. By using this key you can easily estimate your mark you’re going to acquire in the test. However, don’t assume your calculated marks as your final result as this will be declared separately by the respective authority.
As per previous years’ exam analysis, we can conclude that the test result is usually declared after two months from completion of the exam. Result of candidates will be available at the official website of the respective authority. Candidates who qualify the Tier 1 exam will be further called for Tier 2 exam.
Check your result- Click Here
Selection of a candidate will depend upon their performance in Tier I, Tier II and Tier III exam.Pattern of all three tiers have been described above, you may check over there and prepare for the exam accordingly.
Most Recommended/Best Books to Prepare for SSC CGL 2017
|Sl. No.||Book Name|
|1.||Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey|
|2.||Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic|
|3.||Objective General English by S P Bakshi (Arihant)|
|4.||Arihant’s SSC CGL Solved Papers (2010-2015)|
|5.||SSC Combined Graduate Level (Tier-I) Previous Years’ Papers and Practice Test Papers (Solved) by RPH Editorial Board|
|6.||Ultimate Guide to SSC Combined Graduate Level – CGL (Tier I & Tier II) Exam 4th Edition by Disha Experts|
|7.||SSC CGL Staff Selection Commission Combined TIER-II Exam Practice Book by Pratiyogita kiran and KICX Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan|