Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan envisages to improve the quality and coverage of Antenatal Care (ANC), Diagnostics and Counselling services as part of the Reproductive Maternal Neonatal Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCH+A) Strategy.
Under the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan, the pregnant ladies will be given free health check-up and required treatment for free on 9th of every month. The scheme will be applicable for pregnant women to avail in all Government hospitals across the country.
• Provide a healthy life to the pregnant women
• Lowering the maternity mortality rate
• Making pregnant women aware of their health issues/diseases.
• Making sure safe delivery and healthy life of the baby
Main features of Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan
• The scheme is applicable only for the pregnant women in their pregnancy period of 3 to 6 months.
• The free checkup will take place on 9th of every month.
• All kinds of medical checkups under this scheme will be completely free.
• Tests will took place at the medical centers, government and private hospitals and private clinics across the country.
• Women will be marked differently based on their health problems so that doctors can easily detect the problem.